Welcome and thank you for thinking about being a fabulous FOHI volunteer.
FOHI volunteers keep the camp humming and are an integral part of its continuing success.
Before you sign up, please read our volunteer brochure to learn what is expected of you. Click on the blue button below to download.
Planning your trip:
- General information – including lodging and dining
- Clothing and equipment list
- Reading list
- Driving directions and public transportation to Hog Island
Also check out Volunteering at Hog Island and learn about past volunteer experiences. FOHI volunteers work hard and are a team. They rock! Bring a friend and share the joy.
Health & Safety Update
The health and safety of our volunteers is of utmost importance. Based on the guidance from the CDC and decisions made with the Hog Island Audubon Staff, we will no longer require volunteers to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or to mask in buildings or vehicles. To protect campers, staff, instructors, and volunteers, strict health and safety guidelines will still be followed if a camper, staff, or volunteer exhibits sickness during their visit to Hog Island.
BEFORE you sign up to be a volunteer, please read Audubon’s Camper Guidelines. These policies are also expected of FOHI volunteers, and are subject to change if necessary. Volunteers will be notified if changes are made.
Forms to complete
The forms below are for the 2023 season. Please do not fill these out for 2024 until your volunteer commitment has been confirmed. Over the course of the next few months, we will be transitioning to electronic volunteer forms for next summer. You will hear from our wonderful Volunteer Coordinator, Adam, about how to fill these out before camp. We will still accept paper forms next year, but prefer people to use the electronic versions if possible.
- FOHI Volunteer Contract (PDF)
- FOHI Volunteer Travel Information Form (PDF)
- FOHI Volunteer Confidential Health History Form (DOC)
- Adult Liability Release Form (PDF)
- Criminal background check –All staff and volunteers are required to have a criminal background check. For volunteers working during Teen Camps, June 9-14 and 16-21 and 23-26, and Family Camps August 4-9 and August 11-16, instructions will be sent upon receipt of forms 1-4 above.
If you have questions about the information required on these forms, contract, or your volunteer schedule, contact Adam, the volunteer coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org