Welcome and thank you for thinking about being a fabulous FOHI volunteer. Before you sign up, read our volunteer brochure to learn what is expected of you. Also check out Volunteering at Hog Island and learn about past volunteer experiences. FOHI volunteers work hard and are a team. They rock! Bring a friend and share the joy.
Please watch this space for updates on opening of Hog Island in 2021 and Covid protocol requirements that will be required for all staff, campers and volunteers. Thank you for your patience while Audubon and FOHI work to keep us all safe should we open.
FOHI volunteers keep the camp humming and are an integral part of its continuing success. Planning your trip
- General information – including lodging and dining
- Clothing and equipment list
- Reading list
- Driving directions – see also directions from Project Puffin
- Public transportation to Hog Island to Hog Island
Forms to complete
- FOHI Volunteer Contract 2020 (PDF)
- FOHI Travel Form (PDF)
- FOHI Medical Form (.doc)
- Adult Liability Release Form (PDF)
- Criminal background check (.doc) – for volunteers working during Teen Camps, June 13-18, June 20- 25 and Family Camps, August 8-13 and August 15-20; on return envelope note: “ATTN: Rose Borzik” Handwritten responses are often difficult to read. A signature is required. Many thanks. (Note: all staff and volunteers require a criminal background check for Teen and Family Camps – send all five pages of the background check to: Rose Borzik, 12 Audubon Road, Bremen, ME, 04551)
Please send signed and completed forms (1) – (4) either by e-mail (PDF) or snail mail to:
FOHI Volunteer Coordinator, Attn.: Tony
12 Audubon Road
Bremen, ME 04551
If you have questions about the information required on these forms, contract, or your volunteer schedule, contact Tony at email@example.com.