Welcome and thank you for thinking about being a fabulous FOHI volunteer. Before you sign up, read our volunteer brochure to learn what is expected of you. Also check out Volunteering at Hog Island and learn about past volunteer experiences. FOHI volunteers work hard and are a team. They rock! Bring a friend and share the joy.
FOHI volunteers keep the camp humming and are an integral part of its continuing success. Our first camper session starts on May 27, 2018, but we have a pre-camp work session (May 20-25, 2018), when FOHI volunteers open up the island and get it ready for campers. We look forward to your help, before, during, or after the main season. Think about staying for more than week! Or consider being a Whirlwind – arrive Friday morning to help clean and get ready for the next session, then stay overnight and leave on Saturday (about 5 hours of actual work).
Planning your trip
- General information – including lodging and dining
- Clothing and equipment list
- Reading list
- Driving directions – see also directions from Project Puffin
- Public transportation to Hog Island to Hog Island
Forms to complete
- FOHI Volunteer Contract 2018 (.doc)
- FOHI Travel Form (.doc)
- FOHI Medical Form (.doc)
- Adult Liability Release Form (PDF)
- Criminal background check (.doc) – for volunteers working during Teen Camps, June 10-15, June 17- 22 and Family Camps, August 5-10 and August 12-17; on return envelope note: “ATTN: Rose Borzik” Handwritten responses are often difficult to read. A signature is required. Many thanks. Note: all staff and volunteers require a background check for Teen and Family Camps
Please send completed forms either by e-mail (PDF) or snail mail to:
FOHI Volunteer Coordinator, Attn.: Juanita
12 Audubon Road
Bremen, ME 04551
If you have questions about the information required on these forms, contract, or your volunteer schedule, contact Juanita at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 529-2355 office or (910) 233-8548 cell phone (unreliable signal), also try texting.